10 Feb Learn More About the Orange Region in NSW
The Orange Region is located to the Northwest of Sydney and is one of the most renowned wine growing regions in Australia. The altitude and the volcanic soils of Mount Canobolas provide the ideal conditions for growing cool-climate wines. If you are touring the region, you will find there is a lot of fresh local produce to relish and there are a number of wonderful festivals as well.
Visitors from across the country visit the region to participate in farm and orchard tours and to relish the local wines, delicious food wine experiences, and enjoy the fresh and invigorating country air. There are a number of elegant places to stay in and the area is dotted with quaint heritage villages and towns.
This region boasts in excess of 80 vineyards, some of which are situated along Mount Canobolas’ slopes. This extinct volcano stands in the vicinity of the City of Orange that was named after Prince William of Orange.
Pamper Your Tastebuds
New South Wales’ Orange Region is the perfect delectable escape. Here, you can taste some of the best wines in Australia at the local wineries, dine in elegant restaurants and taste a number of local gourmet dishes. You can find reds such as cabernet sauvignon, merlot and a soft shiraz; Chardonnay is undoubtedly the star of the whites. Some of the better-known brands with cellar doors are:
- Brangayne of Orange
- Philip Shaw
- Ross Hill
- De Salis
Orange Region – Things To Do
There are a number of interesting things to do and places to visit in Orange Region, such as:
- You have the option to join winery tours or visit the cellar doors directly and there are a number of fine wine bars like Ferment – The Orange Wine Centre.
- Tonic, Racine and Lolli Redini are some of the more distinguished restaurants in the region that you can dine at.
- There are a number of apple orchards in the Orange region.
- The tasting room at Small Acres Cyder is where cider lovers always head to.
- Some of the farms and orchards permit tours and visitors.
- The Orange Farmers Market that’s set up on a monthly basis is a heady mix of smells and sounds and you will find a lot of fresh local produce here.
- You can also visit the Mandagery Venison Farm; it has a farm kitchen that offers delectable lunches.
- Go berry picking at the quaint Huntly Berry Farm.
- At the local grocers you will find produce ranging from venison and fungi to stone fruits and apples.
- Visitors throng to the Orange Wine Festival in spring and the Food of Orange District (F.O.O.D) week as well at the Orange Apple Festival in autumn.
- Some of the most popular vineyards here are – Angullong Wines, Bloodwood Estate, Borrodell Vineyard, Canobolas-Smith Winery, De Salis Wines, Edgecombe Wines, Faisan Estate Wines, Habitat Vineyard, Hedberg Hill Wines and Koomooloo Vineyard.
A Haven For Wine Lovers
Orange Region has a little something to offer everyone and it’s no less than a haven for fine wine lovers. Not only do you get to taste various local wines and see where they are grown, but you also get to spend delightful moments in some of the most beautiful regions in Australia.
For more information on Orange Wine Region or consultation about custom wine cellar design and installation, you can call Signature Cellars on 02 9340 7515 or use this contact form to get in touch with us. We’ll be pleased to assist you. We work very closely with our clients, understand what their specific requirements are and then provide customised wine cellar solutions that fit in perfectly with your requirements and budget.
Thanks for reading,
1300 570 636